QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Network Switch, SC Duplex
QuickSwitch® 6268 Dual Channel SC Duplex Fiber Optic A/B/C Switch with Contact Closure Remote
- PORT CONNECTORS: (8) SC Duplex connectors. (A group of (4) labeled A, B, C and COMMON for each of the 2 channels.)
- FIBER: 50/125 micron, 850 nm.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROLS: (6) Manual pushbuttons allow local switching (3 for each channel).
- DISPLAY: (6) Front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- REMOTE: (1) DB9 female connector on rear panel accepts contact closure switch commands for Remote Control operation. Accepts Remote Pushbutton Cable Cat. No. 989205.
- POWER: UL Approved 100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz wall mount power module supplies 12 VDC, 500 mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: Rackmount, 19.0" W x 1.75" H x 10" D. (48.3 X 4.9 X 25.4 cm)
- WEIGHT: 5.7 lbs. (2.6 kg)
DUAL CHANNEL SC DUPLEX A/B/C APPLICATION WITH CONTACT CLOSURE REMOTE:
The drawing illustrates two independent channels of SC Duplex fiber optic switching. For each channel, a COMMON device is connected to the COMMON port accessing three devices connected to the A, B, and C ports. There is a DB9 Remote port that accepts Remote Pushbutton Cable, Cat No 989205 for Contact Closure Signaling.
REMOTE TOGGLE CABLE DRAWING, Cat No 989205:
The Remote Toggle Cable, Cat. No. 989205 provides remote contact closure signaling when plugged into the DB9 (F) Remote Control Port of the Model 6268, Cat No 306268 Dual Channel SC Duplex Fiber Optic A/B/C Switch.
The cable has a DB9 (M) connector on one end and six (6) momentary pushbuttons on the remote end. The six pushbuttons are on individual fanout cable legs and are labeled CH1-A, CH1-B, CH1-C, CH2-A, CH2-B, and CH2-C.
The cable fanout legs are 6 inches in length. The overall cable is custom length in feet, length to be specified when ordered.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- All fiber signals are switched via break-before-make MEMS-based mirror/prism switch technology.
- Front panel pushbutton control.
- Independent control of each channel, with gang controls.
- Switch maintains position on power loss and continues to pass data.
- Remote Contact Closure control provides dry contact logic to allow the control of the switch position.
- Front panel LED's display present position and power status.
- All A, B, C, and COM ports are SC Duplex, Multimode, 50/125 micron, and support a wavelength of 850nm.
- The fiber ports are configured per TIA/EIA-568-B.3, where the TX of the COM port is routed to the RX and A/B ports and vice versa.
- Remote port compatible with Remote Pushbutton Cable Cat. No. 989205.
- Custom length rigorously tested and certified SC duplex fiber optic cables available for your switch installation.
The QuickSwitch® Model 6268 Dual Channel SC Duplex A/B/C Switch with Contact Closure Remote allows the user the capability of sharing a single port interface device connected to the "COMMON" port among three other devices connected to the "A", "B", and "C" ports, for each channel, with remote access functionality. Remote Control access can be accomplished using dry contact logic, or using the Remote Pushbutton Cable, Cat No 989205. The QuickSwitch® 6268 is enclosed in a 1U, full rack size, all metal, black chassis designed to fit in a standard 19" rack.
Option: Wide Range Power Supply: (Cat No. 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100VAC-240VAC, 50-60Hz for use in place of the standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
TO READ THE ARTICLE EITHER CLICK THE LINK OR APPLICATION ICON AT TOP OF PAGE: "HOW TO DETERMINE THE RIGHT FIBER OPTIC NETWORK BACKUP SWITCH FOR YOUR APPLICATION", click link to read as a pdf. You need Acrobat Reader to view the file.
QuickSwitch® is a registered trademark of Electro Standards Laboratories.
QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Switches are available in many configurations: auto fallback, switch/converters, multimode & single mode, and secure off-line positions. Check out our complete line of QuickSwitch® fiber optic switches.
For custom fiber optic network switches contact our friendly sales support staff at 401-943-1164; or email: email@example.com, or complete our online Custom Product Request form.
Electro Standards can supply all your Fiber Optic Cable requirements.
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateurs à fibres optiques, interruptores de fibra óptica, switch in fibra ottica, switches de fibra óptica, fiberoptiska switcher.