QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Network Switch, LC Duplex
QuickSwitch® 6197 Single Channel All Fiber Optic LC Duplex A/B/C/D Switch with RS232 Remote
- WAVELENGTH: 850 nm.
- PORT CONNECTORS: (5) LC Duplex female connectors labeled A, B,C, D, and COMMON.
- CONTROL: (1) Pushbutton allows selection of switch position.
- DISPLAY: (4) Red LED's display switch position and power status.
- REMOTE: (1) DB9(F) connector on rear panel accepts ASCII RS232 Serial Data for Remote Control operation.
- POWER: UL approved 100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz wall mount power module supplies 12VDC, 500mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: Standard rackmount, 19.0"W x 1.75" H x 8.0" D. (48.3 x 4.4 x 20.3 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 4.7 lbs (2.1 Kg)
FIBER OPTIC LC DUPLEX A/B/C/D APPLICATION WITH RS232 REMOTE CONTROL: The drawing illustrates a COMMON Fiber Optic network connected to the LC Duplex COMMON port with access to four Fiber Optic Networks connected to the LC Duplex A, B, C, and D ports. The DB9 port is a REMOTE port that accepts ASCII RS232 commands for remotely controlling the Fiber Optic Networks connected to the Model 6197.
- Access any one of four separate fiber optic networks from one computer.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- The unit maintains last set position on power loss and continues to pass data.
- Fiber switch employs mirror technology
- All fiber signals are switched via break-before-make MEMS-based mirror/prism switch technology.
- All A, B, C, D and COM ports are LC duplex, multimode, 50/125 micron and support a wavelength of 850 nm.
- Front panel pushbutton control.
- Remote RS232 ASCII Commands that allow the user to control switch position, lockout front panel operations and obtain switch status.
- Front-panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- The fiber ports are configured per TIA/EIA-568-B.3, where the TX of the COM port is routed to the RX of the A/B ports and vice versa.
- Optical data throughput scalability
- Custom length rigorously tested and certified, LC fiber optic cables available for your switch installation.
The QuickSwitch® Model 6197 Single Channel LC Duplex A/B/C/D Switch with RS232 allows the user the capability of sharing a single port interface device connected to the COM port among four other devices connected to the A, B, C, and D ports with remote access functionality. The QuickSwitch® Model 6197 is enclosed in a 1U, full rack size, all metal black chassis designed to fit in a standard 19" rack.
The switch may be controlled locally by manually operating the front panel pushbuttons or remotely from the DB9 Remote Control port located on the rear of the unit. The Remote port provides control through RS232 serial commands and allows the user to both control and monitor the switch position. The front panel LED display indicates the switch position and unit power status.
Wide Range Power Option Available:(Cat No. 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100VAC/240VAC, 50/60Hz for use in place of the standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
QuickSwitch® ® is a registered trademark of Electro Standards Laboratories.
For custom fiber optic network switches contact our friendly sales support staff at 401-943-1164; or email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete our On-Line Custom Fiber Optic Switch Form.
All data switch boxes, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateurs à fibres optiques, interruptores de fibra óptica, switch in fibra ottica, switches de fibra óptica, fiberoptiska switcher.
Electro Standards’ products are integrated into systems worldwide,
including but not limited to:
Australia, Canada, Chile, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Israel, New Zealand, Philippines, Puerto Rico, Romania, Singapore, South Korea, South Africa, Spain, Switzerland, Thailand, The Netherlands, UAE, UK.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.