Path Way® Remotely Controllable Network Switch, Cat5e
Model 4408 Single Channel CAT5e RJ45 A/B Switch with Contact Closure Remote
Applicable to switching ANY RJ45 interface networks or devices.
Over 45 years of being a key supplier to the MIL/COTS industry.
Field Proven, Highly Reliable!
- PORT CONNECTORS: (3) RJ45 female connectors labeled A, B, and COMMON.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROLS: (1) Front panel pushbutton allows selection of switch position.
- DISPLAY: (2) Front panel LED's display switch position and power status
- REMOTE CONTROL: (1) Terminal Strip on rear panel accepts Contact Closure signaling for Remote Control operation.
- POWER: UL approved 100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz wall mount power module supplies 12VDC, 500 mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: Desktop, 5.44"W x 2.26" H x 7.80" D. (13.9 x 5.8 x 19.9 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 1.3 lbs. (0.6 kg)
CAT5e A/B APPLICATION WITH TERMINAL STRIP REMOTE:
The diagram illustrates a single port device connected to the RJ45 COMMON port sharing between the two other networks connected to the RJ45 A and B ports. A Contact Closure Device connected to the terminal strip uses contact closure signaling to remotely control switch position.
- Allows quick connection to any one of two devices from one COMMON device.
- All (8) pins of the RJ45 interface are switched via break-before-make electromechanical relays.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- Certified for Cat 5e compliance.
- Local control via front-panel pushbutton.
- Contact Closure Remote port allows remote position control.
- Eliminates the need to plug and unplug cables.
- Front panel LED's display present position and power status.
- Retains last switch position even in the event of power loss and continues to pass data.
- Attractive anodized black box packaging provides EMI/RFI shielding.
- Custom length Cat 5e cables available for your switch installation.
- Municipalities, schools, government: This product is on GSA Schedule!
The PathWay® Model 4408 Single Channel CAT5e RJ45 A/B network switch with Contact Closure Remote allows the user the capability of sharing a single port interface device connected to the COMMON port among two other devices connected to the A and B ports with remote access functionality. The Model 4408 is packaged in a slim desktop style enclosure.
The switch may be controlled locally by manually operating the front panel pushbutton or remotely from the Terminal Strip Remote Control port located on the rear of the unit. The Terminal Strip Remote port provides contact closure control. The front panel LED display indicates the switch position and unit power status.
OPTION: WIDE RANGE POWER MODULE (Cat. No. 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz-60Hz for use in place of the standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
This high-quality network switch is available to city, state, and federal government purchasers at a discounted price and favorable payment and shipping terms via GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Click here for GSA details.
Model 4408 is available to government purchasers on our GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Call for discounted price and terms.
Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email email@example.com, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.