Remotely Controllable Network Switch
PathWay® Model 7249-ESL Dual Channel RS530 Secure/Non-Secure Switch and RJ45 A/B Switch with Cutoff and Remote Control
- CHANNEL 1 PORT CONNECTORS: (3) DB25 (M/M/F) connectors labeled SECURE, NON-SECURE and COMMON, respectively.
- CHANNEL 2 PORT CONNECTORS: (3) RJ45(F) shielded connectors labeled SECURE, NON-SECURE AND COMMOM.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROL: (2) Manual pushbuttons on front panel, one for each channel.
- REMOTE CONTROL: DB9 female connector on rear panel accepts contact closure or RS232 serial data commands.
- DISPLAY: (3) red led's for each channel, display Secure, Non-Secure, and Cut off positions.
- POWER: The Model 7249-ESL is powered by internal power supply. Plug the IEC 60320 C14 inlet on the rear of the unit into 100VAC-240VAC, 50 Hz-60Hz receptacle.
- DIMENSIONS: Rackmount, 19.0" W x 8.0" D x 1.75" H. (48.3 x 4.4 x 26.0 cm)
- WEIGHT: 6.1 lbs. (2.8 kg)
The Model 7249-ESL Dual Channel RS530 SECURE/ NON-SECURE and RJ45 AB Switch provides two-channel switching in a low profile, 19-inch 1U rack unit.
- Channel One allows the user the capability of sharing a single DB25(F) interface device connected to the “Common” port among two other DB25(M) devices connected to the “SECURE” and “NON-SECURE” DB25 ports. All 25 pins are switched.
- Channel Two allows the user the capability of sharing a single Shielded RJ45 device connected to the “Common” port with two other RJ45 devices connected to the “A” and “B” RJ45 ports.
- Both channels allow the user to set the switches to the “CUTOFF” position, which stops any, and all data throughput for the switch. All 8 pins are switched.
- Both Channels offer SECURE/NON-SECURE/CUTOFF switch positions via front panel pushbutton or RS232 commands.
- Independent Channel Control:
- Channel One is RS530 compatible. All (25) pins of the DB25 interface are switched via break-before-make-electromechanical relays.
- Channel Two is RJ45 compatible. All (8) pins of the RJ45 interface are switched via break-before-make electromechanical relays.
- On power loss, unit reverts to a cutoff position that isolates all communication ports.
- When power is restored, the unit automatically switches to the Default Position for each channel selected by the user via RS232 commands.
- Remote RS232 ASCII commands that allow the user to control switch position, default position, lock and unlock front panel operations, obtain switch status.
- Remote Contact Closure control provides dry contact logic to allow the independent channel control of the switch position.
- Custom length interconnection DB25 and RJ45 cables are available.
- For a similar switch, see Model 7246-ESL, Cat. No. 304246-ESL, with (2 DB25 Female connectors for Secure and Non-Secure Channels.)
Ask about our popular Model 900 EIA/TIA RS-530 Interface Analyzer
- Red and Green light emitting diodes indicate status of key signals at the EIA/TIA data interface.
- Easy to use, for fault isolation.
- Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete our online Custom Product Request form.
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur de réseau, conmutador de red, switch di rete, przelacznik sieciowy, switch de rede, nätverksswitch,