PathWay® Remotely Controllable Network Switch
Model 7246-ESL Dual Channel RS530 Switch and RJ45 Secure/Non-Secure Switch with Cutoff & Remote Control
- CHANNEL 1 PORT CONNECTORS: (3) DB25 (F/F/M) connectors labeled SECURE, NON-SECURE and COMMON, respectively.
- CHANNEL 2 PORT CONNECTORS: (3) RJ45(F) connectors labeled SECURE, NON-SECURE and COMMON.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROLS: (2) Manual pushbuttons on front panel; one for each channel.
- Remote Control: DB9 female connector on rear panel accepts contact closure or RS232 serial data commands.
- DISPLAY: Three red led's for each channel, display Secure, Non-Secure, and Cutoff positions.
- POWER: The Model 7246-ESL is powered by internal power supply. Plug the IEC 60320 C14 inlet on the rear of the unit into a 100VAC-240VAC, 50HZ-60Hz receptacle.
- DIMENSIONS: 1.75" H x 19.0" W x 10.23" D. [48.3 x 4.4 x 26.0 cm]
- WEIGHT: 6.1 lbs. [2.8 kg]
PathWay® Model 7246-ESL Dual-Channel RS530 Switch & RJ45 Secure/Non-Secure Switch with Cutoff Position Application:
The drawing illustrates two channels of switching:
- Channel One is DB25 port connectors, (COMMON Port is a DB25/M) and (Secure and Non-Secure are DB25/F port connectors.)
- Channel One sharing a DB25(M) interface with two DB25(F) devices.
- Channel two illustrates an RJ45 device sharing between two RJ45 devices.
- Both channels have a Secure, NonSecure and a Cutoff position.
- A DB9 Remote accepts Serial or Contact Closure commands.
- Both Channels offer SECURE/NON-SECURE/CUTOFF switch positions via front panel pushbutton or RS232 commands.
- Independent Channel Control.
- Channel One is RS530 compatible. All 25 pins are switched via break-before-make electromechanical relays.
- Channel Two is RJ45 compatible. All 8 pins switched via break-before-make electromechanical relays.
- On power loss, unit reverts to a cutoff position that isolates all communication ports.
- When power is restored, the unit automatically switches to the Default Position for each channel selected by the user via RS232 commands.
- Remote RS232 ASCII commands that allow the user to control switch position, default position, lock and unlock front panel operations, obtain switch status.
- Remote Contact Closure control provides dry contact logic to allow the independent channel control of the switch position.
- Unit mounts in standard 19" equipment rack, 1U space.
The PathWay® Model 7246-ESL Dual Channel RS530 and RJ45 Secure/Non-Secure Switch with Cutoff provides two-channel switching.
Channel One allows the user the capability of sharing a single DB25(M) interface device connected to the “COMMON” port among two other DB25(F) devices connected to the “SECURE” AND “NON-SECURE” DB25 ports.
Channel Two allows the user the capability of sharing an RJ45 device connected to the “COMMON” port among two other RJ45 devices connected to the “SECURE” and “NON-SECURE” RJ45 ports.
The user can set each channel independently to the “CUTOFF” position, which stops any and all data throughput for the switch. The switch may be controlled locally by manually operating the front panel pushbuttons or remotely from the DB9 Control port located on the rear of the unit via Contact Closure or RS232 ASCII commands. The front panel LED display indicates the respective switch position and unit power status.
All ports (“SECURE”, “NON-SECURE”, and “COMMON”) for each channel are transparent to all data going through that switch. If power to the Model 7246-ESL is removed, both switches will automatically move to the “CUTOFF” position. When it is restored, each switch will move to the Programmed Default Position.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email email@example.com, or complete our online Custom Product Request form.
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur de réseau, conmutador de red, switch di rete, przelacznik sieciowy, switch de rede, nätverksswitch,