Path Way® Remotely Controllable Network Switch, RS530, ST Duplex
Model 7245-ESL Dual Channel RS530 Secure/Non-Secure w/Cutoff & Fiber Optic ST Duplex Secure/Non-Secure Switch/Converter w/Cutoff
- CHANNEL 1 PORT CONNECTORS: (3) DB25 (M/M/F) connectors labeled SECURE, NON-SECURE and COMMON.
- CHANNEL 2 PORT CONNECTORS: (2) Fiber Optic ST Duplex connectors labeled SECURE and NON-SECURE, (1) RJ45 (F) connector labeled COMMON.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROLS: (2) Manual pushbuttons allow local switch of channels 1 and 2.
- REMOTE CONTROL: (1) DB9 female connector on rear panel accepts Contact Closure or RS232 Serial data.
- LOCAL DISPLAY: (6) LED's on front panel display switch position and power presence.
- POWER: 115 VAC, 60 Hz wall mount supply.
- DIMENSIONS: 19.0" W X 1.75" h X 8.0" D. [48.3 X 4.5 X 20.3 cm]
- WEIGHT: 4.5 lbs. [2.1 kg]
DUAL CHANNEL RS530 SECURE/NON-SECURE SWITCH W/CUTOFF & FO ST DUPLEX SECURE/NON-SECURE SWITCH/CONVERTER W/CUTOFF APPLICATION:
- Channel 1: RS530 DB25 SECURE/NON-SECURE and CUTOFF positions Switch.
- A DB25 interface COMMON device is connected to the DB25 COMMON port with access to two DB25 interface devices, connected to DB25 ports labeled SECURE and NON-SECURE.
- Channel 2: RJ45 10/100Base-T / Fiber Optic ST Duplex SECURE/NON-SECURE and CUTOFF positions Switch/ Converter.
- An RJ45 device is connected to the RJ45 10/100Base-T port with access to two ST Duplex devices connected to the Fiber Optic ST ports labeled SECURE and NON-SECURE
- Provides Copper to glass ST Fiber Optic conversion.
- Channel 1 and Channel 2: Select SECURE, NON-SECURE or CUTOFF positions. Control either channel via Remote Control commands.
- DB9 Remote Control: Accepts RS232 ASCII Serial commands or Contact Closure Signaling.
- Both Channels offer SECURE / NON-SECURE / CUTOFF switch positions with Remote Control.
- Channel One is RS 530 compatible. All 25 pins are switched.
- Channel Two is Fiber Optic ST Duplex, multimode. Wavelength 1300 nm, fiber size 62.5/125 micron, 100 Meg data rate.
- Remote switching via DB9 Remote port on rear panel.
- Local switching via two front panel pushbuttons.
- Local switch change sends ASCII text over the RS232 interface to notify the user of the new switch position.
- All ports are located on the rear panel.
- Status LED's on the front panel indicate switch position power status.
- Either channel can be set to "CUTOFF" position, which stops any and all data throughput for the switch.
The PathWay® Model 7245-ESL Dual Channel RS530 and ST Duplex (1300 nm wavelength) Fiber Optic Secure/Non-Secure Switch with Cutoff provides two channel switching. The Model 7245-ESL is enclosed in a 1U, full rack size, all metal chassis designed to fit in a standard 19" rack.
Channel One allows the user the capability of sharing a single DB25(F) interface device connected to the COMMON port among two other DB25(M) devices connected to the "SECURE" and "NON-SECURE" DB25 ports.
Channel Two allows the user the capability of sharing a 10/100Base-T device connected to the "COMMON" port among two ST Duplex(1300 nm wavelength) Fiber Optic devices connected to the "SECURE" and "NON-SECURE" Fiber Optic ports. Both channels allow the user to set the switches to the "CUTOFF" position, which stops any and all data throughput for the switch.
The switches may be controlled locally by manually operating the front panel pushbuttons or remotely from the DB9 Remote Control port located on the rear panel of the unit using either contact closures or an RS232 command interface. The front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
All ports ("SECURE", "NON-SECURE", and "COMMON") are transparent to all data. If power to the Model 7245-ESL is removed, both switches will automatically move to the "CUTOFF" position. When power is reached, each switch will move to the programmed default position.
For custom code-operated network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email
firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur de réseau, conmutador de red, switch di rete, przelacznik sieciowy, switch de rede, nätverksswitch.
Electro Standards’ products are integrated into systems worldwide, including but not limited to: Australia, Canada, Chile, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Israel, New Zealand, Philippines, Puerto Rico, Romania, Singapore, South Korea, South Africa, Spain, Switzerland, Thailand, The Netherlands, UAE, UK.