Model 4215A-204-1, Cat No 304217
Calibration Quality Load Cell Electronics
Dual Channel Intelligent Microprocessor-Based Instrumentation Designed for Laboratory Reference Load Cells, or other Field Applications
The Model 4215A-204-1 Dual Channel Strain Gage Indicator is an intelligent microprocessor based instrument designed for the measurement and control of strain gage transducer based systems. It combines the force channels, encoder position channels, print capabilities, and RS232/485 serial communications into a versatile platform that can be customized to deliver the most powerful and affordable instrumentation in its class.
The Model 4215 is compatible with most tensile testers, load cells, extensometers, torque transducers, pressure sensors and position encoders. Whether upgrading an existing system or implementing a new one, the Model 4215 strain gage indicator delivers the accuracy, reliability, and repeatability needed to meet the most demanding applications.
Field-proven for the measurement of jet engine thrust by a major aerospace designer!
- USB Communications Port
- Provides strain amplifier and signal conditioning for strain gages, load cells, and transducers.
- Provides for calibration and data storage of strain gages, load cells and transducers.
- The Model 4215 can be used as a Thrust System Indicator applicable to the testing of jet engines.
- The Model 4215 is compatible with most tensile testers, load cells, extensometers, torque transducers, pressure sensors and position encoders.
Need something similar? Call 401-943-1164 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Engineers are onsite to custom design your exact requirements!
- Fully Bipolar Range /-999,999 display.
- 24-bit resolution.
- Nonlinearity 0.005%.
- 2-line X 20-character vacuum fluorescent display.
- TEDS-Tag® Auto Load Cell Identification.
- User input text display on second line of display.
- Auto setup for 25 load cells.
- Front panel shunt calibration with 2 selectable resistors.
- Functions include: peak / valley / hold / tracking / peak reset.
- Quad limits output: independent, isolated solid state relays, controls AC or DC signals.
- Six user-selectable filters.
- Tri-state limit display: on, off, disabled.
- Automatic display unit conversation: Lb, Kg, N, Psi, Mpa, Klb, Kn, t.
- D/A output: /-10V std; /-5V, 0-5V, 0-10V std. per request.
- Direct analog amplifier output.
- RS-232/RS422, RS485 communication standard.
- Full operation and calibration via RS232.
- 5-point linearization.
- Quadrature encoder channel for position and rate readout.
- Dual Channel Load Cell indicator
- 4 - 20 mA output
- Rugged carry handle
- Two channel option available
- Two channel units are standard with simultaneous read
- Two channel unit has two independent lines of 20 character display for simultaneous viewing of both channels (standard for 2-channel unit)
- USB communications port.
- 10-Point Linearization.
- Second D/A Output.
dataView Software Ready!
- Standard unit is dataView ready for graphical user interface and connection to a PC.
- dataView software operates at full speed for single and dual-channel unit real time data acquisition.
- dataView software is catalog number 511040.
|Model 4215 connects to a wide variety of tensile testers, extensometers, torque transducers, and other strain gage transducers.
- Input: /-4.5 mV/V (Other ranges are available)
- Excitation: Selectable 5 or 10 VDC
- Current Drive: 180mA Strain Gage Compatible
- Vacuum Tube Fluorescent Display
- Automatic Span Adjustment and Scaling
- Automatic Decimal Point Adjustment
- Maximum Display Count /-999,999 standard
- Resolution: 24 Bits
- Linearity: 0.01%
Six Smart Pushbuttons (All menu buttons have alternate functions for setup menus):
- Two buttons for displayed item and displayed units selection
- Peak and Hold Reset
Serial Port Interface
- Digital Outputs for Over/Under Limits
- Solid State Relay Interface
- Shunt Check, mV/V, Known Load
- D/A analog Output
- Scalable /-10 V, 4-20mA optional
Position Encoder Interface
- Quadrature Encoder (4 x number of lines)
- Single-ended or Differential Signals
- 12 VDC or 5 VDC Power
- 1 to 2, 1 Std, 2nd Channel optional
Hardware Auto Identification
- Hardware Auto Identification for 25 transducers
- Full Remote Operation via Serial Port
- Basic Control via Digital Inputs
- Optional DataView Software link for PC
Programmed Operations include:
- Peak Hold and Tracking
- Programmable Math and Function Channels
- Programmable Limits
- Variety of Engineering Units (including lbs, kg, N, Psi)
- Position Indication
- Velocity Indication
- Accepts User-Parameter Inputs
- Menu Scrolling
- Auto Zero
Order Cat No 501574, TEDS-Tag® ID Component to make your Plug and Play Load Cell System!
Model 4215 was also featured on ThomasNet.
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.