Path Way® Remotely Controllable Network Switch, DB9, Auto Fallback
Model 4124 DB9 A/B Automatic Fallback Switch with Contact Closure Remote Port
- Automatic fallback based on loss of data on port "A"
- Special mounting hardware for on-board ship use.
- PORT CONNECTORS: (2) DB9(F) connectors labeled A, and B, (1) DB9(M) connector labeled Common.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROL: (1) Pushbutton for local switch control.
- DISPLAY: (2) Front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- REMOTE: (1) DB9(F) connector on rear panel accepts contact closure switch commands for Remote Control operation.
- POWER: UL approved 120VAC/240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz wall mount power module supplies 12 VDC, 500 mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: Desktop, 7.9" W x 2" H x 7.25" D. (20.0 x 5.08 x 18.4 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 2.8 lbs. (1.27 kg)
DB9 AUTO FALLBACK APPLICATION: The diagram illustrates a single device connected to the DB9 COMMON port sharing between two other devices connected to the DB9 ports labeled PRIMARY line and SECONDARY line. The Automatic fallback is based on loss of data on Port A. A user can lockout front panel operations and obtain switch status via the DB9 REMOTE port via contact closure commands. Great for on-board ship use! (Special mounting steel pass-through nuts mounted internally to bottom of enclosure for desktop mounting.)
- Ideal for fallback applications.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- All pins of the DB9 interface are switched via break-before-make electromechanical relays.
- Automatic Fallback Mode operates based on data monitoring of the differential RS422 signal on pins 2 and 3 of the "A" port and automatic switching occurs after 3 seconds of data loss.
- All switched signals are passed via latching copper contact relays that maintain their position and continuity in the event of a power loss.
- Control of the switch position from a Contact Closure Remote Port.
- Contact Closure allows the user to control switch position, lockout front panel operations and obtain switch status.
- Front panel LEDs display switch position, the switch mode (automatic fallback or manual) as well as power status.
- Rugged anodized aluminum black box packaging provides EMI/RFI shielding.
- Special mounting steel pass-through nuts mounted internally to bottom of enclosure for desktop mounting of on-board ship use.
The PathWay® Model 4124 DB9 A/B Automatic Fallback Switch with Contact Control Remote Port, allows the user the capability of sharing a single port interface device connected to the Common port among two other devices connected to the A and B ports with remote access functionality. Remote Control access can be accomplished through the Contact Closure Remote Port.
When in automatic fallback mode the unit monitors data activity on port A. If activity is lost, the unit switches to position B. The Model 4124 will maintain its connection to port B until data activity is detected on port A, at which time the unit will automatically return to the A position. If no data is present on either port A or on port B, the unit will stay in the A position and continue to monitor for data. The user can override automatic fallback operation from the front panel or Remote Port and force the unit to operate as an A/B switch.
- Data Activity "Watch Dog" Switch
- Keeps Data Flowing!
- Don't forget to order DB9 Cables!
Wide Range Power Option Available: (Cat No. 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100VAC/240VAC, 50/60Hz for use in place of the standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
This high-quality network switch is available to city, state, and federal government purchasers at a discounted price and favorable payment and shipping terms via GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Click here for GSA terms.
Custom Network Switches are available. Contact us by phone, email, or complete the Online Custom Product Request Form.
Electro Standards can supply all of your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL Manual Data Network Switches are available for export
Electro Standards welcomes business from International companies: commutateur de réseau, conmutador de red, switch di rete, przelacznik sieciowy , switch de rede, nätverksswitch.