DB25 Manual Network Switches, 2-Positions, Rotary Switches
Model 8253 RS232 DB25 A/B Switch, Manual Operation, Desktop
No Power Required.
Ideal for Fallback Switch Applications. Keep data flowing!
- PORT CONNECTORS: (3) DB25 female connectors labeled A, B, and COMMON.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROLS: (1) Rotary Switch allows local switching.
- POWER: Manually operated. No power required.
- DIMENSIONS: 5.25"W x 2.0"H x 7.25"D. (13.3 x 5.1 x 18.4 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 1.0 lb. (0.45 kg.)
LineSelect® Model 8253 RS232 DB25 Fallback application
The LineSelect® Model 8253 diagram illustrates a COMMON device connected to the DB25 port having access to either of two DB25 devices; Device A connected to port A (The Primary Line) and Device B connected to port B (The Backup Line).
- Allows access to two RS232 networks from one computer or workstation.
- High reliability sealed switch with self-wiping precious metal contacts.
- Eliminates the need to plug and unplug cables.
- No external power required.
- Transparent to data speed and format.
- Manual operation via front panel rotary switch.
- Attractive anodized black box packaging provides EMI/RFI shielding.
- Switches pins 2 through 25 of the DB25 interface via break-before-make rotary switch.
- All pins 1's (Protective Ground) are tied together and bussed through to eliminate surges.
- Improves computer network efficiency by allowing sharing of peripherals.
- Custom length DB25 cables available for your switch installation.
- Lifetime guarantee against manufacturing defects.
The LineSelect® Model 8253 allows the user to access two RS232 DB25 devices connected to the A and B ports from one DB25 device connected to the COMMON port. Switching between devices A and B is quick and easy via the front panel rotary selector. The LineSelect® Model 8253 is packaged in a slim desktop style enclosure. No need to plug and unplug cables. No chance for network reconfiguration errors.
Ask about our popular Model 700 RS-232 Breakout Box.
Tri-State LED's monitor the data interface for fault isolation
Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email email@example.com, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur d'ordinateur, equipo interruptor, interruttore del calcolatore, interruptor do computador, dator switch.