Path Way® Remotely Controllable Network Switch, RJ45
Model 7234 Quad-Channel RJ45 Cat5e A/B Switch with Remote Control Port
Quickly and easily switch all four RJ45 channels simultaneously!
- PORT CONNECTORS: (12) RJ45 female connectors; three labeled A, B, and Common for each channel.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROL: (1) Manual Pushbutton allows local switching.
- DISPLAY: (2) Front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- REMOTE CONTROL: (1) DB9 female connector on rear panel accepts dry contact closure switch commands for Remote Control operation.
- POWER: UL approved 100VAC-240VAC, 50Hz-60Hz wall mount power module supplies 12VDC, 500mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: 19.0"W x 1.75"H x 8.00"D (48.3 x 4.4 x 20.3 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approx. 4.9 lbs. (2.2 kg)
QUAD CHANNEL CAT5e RJ45 A/B APPLICATION with Contact Closure Remote Control:
Simultaneously switch all four Cat5e RJ45 channels. The drawing illustrates for each channel a COMMON device connected to the COMMON port accessing two separate devices. The DB9 Remote port allows Remote Control using dry contact closure signals.
- Each channel allows access to two RJ45 Cat5e networks from one COMMON network or device.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- Eliminates the need to plug and unplug cables.
- Switches all 8 pins of the RJ45 interface via break-before-make electromechanical relays.
- The unit maintains last set position on power loss and continues to pass data.
- Upon power up, the unit switches based on the state of the Contact Closure.
- Front-panel pushbutton control.
- Simultaneous control of all channels.
- Remote Contact Closure control and status provides dry contact logic to allow the control of the switch position as well as obtain the present position.
- Front panel LED's display present switch position and power status.
- Certified for Cat5e compliance.
- Attractive all metal, black box packaging provides EMI/RFI shielding.
- Custom length RJ45 Cat5e cables available for your switch installation. Get better performance.
The PathWay® Model 7234 Quad Channel RJ45 Cat5e A/B Switch with Contact Closure Remote allows the user the capability of accessing two separate devices, ports A and B, via connection through a device connected to the Common port, for each channel. The Model 7234 is enclosed in a 1U, full rack size, all metal black chassis designed to provide EMI/RFI shielding and fit in a standard 19" rack.
The switch may be controlled manually via the front panel pushbutton or remotely from a DB9 port located on the rear of the unit. Switch position state may be attained via the front panel LED's or from the DB9 Remote port.
Option: Wide Range Power Module: (Cat No. 517277) CE, RoHS and UL listed table mount power module, 100VAC/240VAC, 50/60Hz for use in place of the standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
Order Custom Length Cat5e Cables For Optimum Performance!
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete a custom product request form.
PathWay® is a registered trademark of Electro Standards Laboratories
Electro Standards can supply all of your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur de données, interruptor de datos, dati interruttore, Przelacznik danych, comutador de dados.
Electro Standards’ products are integrated into systems worldwide, including but not limited to: Australia, Canada, Chile, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Israel, New Zealand, Philippines, Puerto Rico, Romania, Singapore, South Korea, South Africa, Spain, Switzerland, Thailand, The Netherlands, UAE, UK.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.