QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Network Switch, SC Duplex
QuickSwitch® 4196 SC Duplex A/B/C/D/Offline, All-Optic Fiber Switch, Multimode, 62.5/125 Micron
- Features Fully Decoupled OFF-LINE Capability.
- The Ultimate Firewall!
- CONNECTORS: (5) SC Duplex connectors labeled, A, B, C, D and COMMON.
- FIBER OPTIC INTERFACE: Wavelength: 1300 nm, Multimode, 62.5/125 Micron.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROLS: (5) Front-panel pushbuttons, allow local switching to
A/B/C/D, and OFF-LINE.
- REMOTE: (1) DB9 female connector on rear panel accepts 24 VDC signaling.
- DISPLAY: (5) Front panel red LEDs display switch position and power status.
- POWER: UL approved 100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz wall mount power module
supplies 12 VDC, 500 mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: Rackmount Configuration:
19" W x 1.75" H x 10" D. (48.3 x 4.4 x 25.4 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 5.5 lbs. (2.5 kg)
SC DUPLEX A/B/C/D/OFFLINE APPLICATION w/REMOTE: Network Transfer Application drawing illustrates a Fiber Optic Network connected to the SC duplex COMMON port with access to four other Fiber Optic Networks connected to the SC Duplex A, B, C, and D ports, respectively. The Fiber Optic Networks can be disconnected in the OFFLINE position. A DB9 REMOTE control port can be used to control the switch via voltage signaling.
QuickSwitch® 4196 Features:
- Allows access to four networks from one computer or workstation.
- CUTOFF switch position stops any and all data throughout for the unit.
- MEMS-based mirror/prism switch technology supports Gigibit data rates.
- Service protocol transparent.
- Bit-rate and data transparent.
- Optical data throughput scalability.
- All fiber ports are SC duplex, multimode, 62.5/125 micron and
support a wavelength of 1300 nm.
- Local control via front-panel pushbuttons.
- Remote control port allows off-site monitoring and switch
management via voltage signaling.
- Front-panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- When power is lost, unit reverts to the Off-Line position.
- When power is restored, unit automatically switches based
on remote port voltage control.
- Municipalities, schools, government: On GSA Schedule!
The QuickSwitch® 4196 SC Duplex A/B/C/D/OFF-LINE Switch allows a fiber optic device connected to the SC Duplex COMMON connector of the unit to access any of the four fiber optic networks connected to the A, B, C, or D ports or to disconnect completely from all output ports. The QuickSwitch® 4196 is enclosed in 1U, full rack size, all metal black chassis designed to fit in a standard 19' rack.
The switch postion can be changed either by depressing the desired front panel A, B, C, D or Off-Line pushbuttons, or by a device connected to the Remote port located on the rear panel. Applying the appropriate voltage to designated pins of the Remote connector will cause the switch to change position.
Wide Range Power Option Available: (Cat. No. 517277) CE, RoHS and UL listed table mount power module,100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz for use in place of standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
This high-quality network switch is available to city, state, and federal government purchasers at a discounted price and favorable payment and shipping terms via GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Click here for GSA details.
Model 4196 is available to government purchasers on our GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Call for discounted price and terms.
TO READ THE ARTICLE EITHER CLICK THE LINK OR APPLICATION ICON AT TOP OF PAGE: "HOW TO DETERMINE THE RIGHT FIBER OPTIC NETWORK BACKUP SWITCH FOR YOUR APPLICATION", click link to read as a pdf. You need Acrobat Reader to view the file.
QuickSwitch® is a registered trademark of Electro Standards Laboratories.
QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Switches are available in many configurations: auto fallback, switch/converters, multimode & single mode, and secure off-line positions. Check out our complete line of QuickSwitch® fiber optic switches.
For custom fiber optic network switches contact our friendly sales support staff at 401-943-1164; or email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete our online Custom Product Request form.
Electro Standards can supply all your Fiber Optic Cable requirements.
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateurs à fibres optiques, interruptores de fibra óptica, switch in fibra ottica, switches de fibra óptica, fiberoptiska switcher.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.