Path Way® Model 4143 Automatic Fallback RS232 DB25 A/B Switch with Remote Access
- PORT CONNECTORS: (3) DB25 female connectors labeled A, B, and COMMON.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROL: (1) Manual pushbutton allows local switching.
- DISPLAY: (2) Front panel LEDs display switch position, mode and power status.
- REMOTE CONTROL: Transition signals on pin 9 of the DB25 COMMON port will trigger a change of switch position.
- POWER: UL approved 100VAC/240VAC 50 Hz/60Hz wall mount power module supplies 12VDC, 500 mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: Desktop configuration 8.1" W x 2.41" H x 7.30" D (20.8 x 6.2 x 18.6 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 1.9 lbs. (0.9 kg)
Model 4143 Automatic Fallback RS232 DB25 A/B Switch w/Remote Access
DB25 AUTO FALLBACK APPLICATION: The application drawing illustrates a COMMON device or Network connected to the DB25 COMMON port with access to two other DB25 interface devices, connected to the DB25 A and B ports. respectively. Pin 9 of the DB25 COMMON port is used for Remote Control operation via transition signals.
- The switch ports are transparent to data.
- Pins 1-8, and 10-25 of the DB25 interface are switched via break-before-make electromechanical relays.
- Pin 9 of the Common port is used for Remote Control and does not pass through the switch.
- The unit maintains last set position on power loss and continues to pass data.
- Front panel pushbutton control.
- Manual Mode is achieved by pressing the front panel pushbutton for 5 seconds or alternately pressing for 5 seconds to exit Manual Mode.
- Automatic Fallback Mode is controlled by Pin 9 of the DB25 COMMON port.
- A transition from 5VDC to 0VDC on Pin 9 of the DB25 COMMON port triggers the unit to switch positions.
- Custom length DB25 cables available for your switch installation.
The PathWay® Model 4143 Automatic Fallback DB25 A/B Switch with Remote Access allows the user the capability of sharing a single DB25 interface device connected to the "COMMON" port among two other devices connected to the "A" and "B" ports with remote access functionality. The Model 4143 is packaged in a slim desktop style enclosure.
The switch may be controlled locally by manually operating the front panel pushbutton, or remote access through Pin 9 of the DB25 COMMON port located on the rear of the unit. The front panel LED display indicates the switch position, switch mode, and power status.
Wide Range Power Option Available: (Cat No 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100VAC/240VAC, 50/60Hz for use in place of the standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete our online form.
EElectro Standards can supply all of your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our Copper Cable Assemblies Webpage.
All ESL products are available for export. Electro Standards welcomes inquiries from International accounts: commutateur de réseau, conmutador de red, switch di rete, przelacznik sieciowy , switch de rede, nätverksswitch.
All data switch boxes, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.