Remotely Controllable Network Switch
Model 5014 DB25 A/B/C Switch / Rackmount with Contact Closure Remote Control
- Network configuration backup is quick and easy with this switch.
- PORT CONNECTORS: A, B, C and COMMON ports (rear panel) are DB25 (F) connectors.
- FRONT PANEL PUSHBUTTONS: (3) Pushbuttons on the front panel allow local switching.
- DISPLAY: (3) Led's display switch postion and power status.
- REMOTE CONTROL: (1) RJ45 female connector on rear panel accepts contact closure signal commands from a remote device. (Model 5015, Cat No 303015)
- POWER: UL Approved 120 VAC / 60 Hz wall mount power module supplies 12VDC, 500mA to the unit.
- DIMENSIONS: 19" W x 1.75" H x 8.0" D. (48.3 x 4.4 x 20.3 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 2.0 lbs. (0.9 Kg)
APPLICATION: The diagram illustrates the Model 5015 connected to the Model 5014's REMOTE PORT for controlling the switch remotely via contact closure signaling commands. The DB25 interface device connected to the COMMON port shares among three other devices connected to the A, B, and C ports.
- Local Control (front panel) via 3 selector pushbuttons labeled A, B & C.
- Display, three LED's indicate switch state.
- Remote Control Port (input) on rear panel, RJ45 (F) connector.
- Switches all 25 pins.
- Retains last switch position in event of power loss.
- Rackmount configuration.
- Dimensions: 19" W x 1.75" H x 8.0" D (48.3 x 4.4 x 20.3 cm)
- Weight: Approximately 2.0 lbs. (0.9 Kg)
- A, B, C and Common ports (rear panel) are DB25(F) connectors.
- Power: UL approved 100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz wall mount power module supplies 12VDC, 500mA to the unit.
- Optional Model 5015 Control Unit, Catalog No. 303015.
- Electro Standards manufactures a wide range of RS-232 switches.
The Pathway® Model 5014 DB25 A/B/C network switch provides one channel of switching in a low profile, 19-inch 1U rack unit. The user has the capability of sharing a single DB25 interface device connected to the Common port among three other devices connected to the A, B, and C ports.
The switch may be controlled locally by manually operating the front panel pushbuttons or remotely via the rear panel Remote connector. The Remote control interface accepts contact closure signals received from a distant located control unit such as the ESL Model 5015 Remote Control Unit, Catalog No. 303015 (See Features Below).
Option: Wide Range Power Module: (Cat No. 517277) CE and UL listed table mount power module, 100VAC/240VAC, 50/60Hz in place of the standard 115 VAC or 120 VAC, power module. Ideal for international applications.
| Model 5015 Control Unit Features:
- Desktop Configuration.
- Control, 3 selector pushbuttons labeled A, B, & C.
- Display three LED's display switch state.
- Remote Control Port (output, contact closures) on rear panel, RJ45(F) connector.
- Dimensions, 4.25" W x 1.75" H x 6.0" D. (10.8 x 4.4 x 15.2 cm)
- Weight: Approximately 0.5 lb. (0.23 Kg)
| Remote Control RJ45 Pin/Signal List for the Models 5014 & 5015:
|| Model 5014
|| Model 5015
LED Signal Return (Ground)
Pushbutton Select A
LED Display A
Pushbutton Select B
LED Display B
Pushbutton Select C
LED Vcc (5V@4ma)
LED Display C
Electro Standards can supply all of your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our Copper Cable Assemblies webpage
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email email@example.com, or complete our online Custom Product Request form.
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur de réseau, conmutador de red, switch di rete, przelacznik sieciowy, switch de rede, nätverksswitch.