QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Network Switch, LC Duplex
QuickSwitch® 6293 Fiber Optic Mirror A/B/C Switch, Single Mode LC Duplex, with Remote Serial Access
- Remotely controllable from Terminal Server connection to switch serial CONTROL port.
- Ideal for Dynamic Backup Applications!
- WAVELENGTH: 1310 nm.
- PORT CONNECTORS: (4) LC Duplex connectors labeled A, B, C, and COMMON.
- CONTROL: (1) Pushbutton allows selection of switch position.
- DISPLAY: (3) Red LED's display switch position and power status.
- SUPERVISORY REMOTE PORT: (1) RJ45 (F) connector accepts ASCII RS232 serial data.
- POWER: Connector on rear panel accepts customer supplied -48 VDC, 500 mA power input. A mating connector is included along with wiring instructions.
- DIMENSIONS: Standard rackmount, 19.0" W x 1.75" H x 8.0" D.
- WEIGHT: Approximately 4.5 lbs.
APPLICATION: The block diagram is an example of a fiber optic switch with a Remote port which can be used to lockout the front-panel pushbutton with ASCII commands.
The QuickSwitch® Model 6293 Fiber Optic Mirror A/B/C switch with Single Mode LC Duplex and Remote Serial Access allows the user the capability of sharing a Fiber Optic LC Duplex pair connected to the COMMON port among three other sets of LC Duplex pairs connected to the A, B, and C ports with local and remote access functionality. This Remote access can be accomplished using an RJ45 connection and ASCII commands.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- All switched signals are passed via mirror relays that maintain their position and continuity even in the event of a power loss or failure.
- Supports single mode fiber (SMF-28), 9/125 micron fiber with a wavelength of 1310 nm.
- Control of the switch position from an RJ5 serial port or alternatively, the front panel push button.
- Remote ASCII command interface that allows user to control switch position and obtain switch status.
- Front panel push button may be "locked out" using the remote ASCII commands.
- MEMS mirror switch supports OC12 speeds of 622 Mbps.
- Requires customer supplied -48 VDC, 500 mA power input.
This high-quality network switch is available to city, state, and federal government purchasers at a discounted price and favorable payment and shipping terms via GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Click here or on GSA icon for details.
TO READ THE ARTICLE: "HOW TO DETERMINE THE RIGHT FIBER OPTIC NETWORK BACKUP SWITCH FOR YOUR APPLICATION", click link to read as a pdf. You need Acrobat Reader to view this file.
QuickSwitch® ® is a registered trademark of Electro Standards Laboratories.
Check out our complete line of QuickSwitch Fiber Optic Switches.
For custom fiber optic network switches contact our friendly sales support staff at 401-943-1164; or email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete our On-Line Custom Fiber Optic Switch Form: http://www.electrostandards.com/Products-Custom/Fiber-Switch/
All data switch boxes, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateurs à fibres optiques, interruptores de fibra óptica, switch in fibra ottica, switches de fibra óptica, fiberoptiska switcher.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.